Friday, August 11, 2006

Thank You, A-Rod: Game 113 Thoughts

SOX WIN 5-4!!!!

-Okay, this is a very interesting game to dissect, but I'm gonna try the Cliff's Notes version. I'm gonna try and keep my bullet points to a 2 sentence minimum. Why? Cuz the game plodded on like a Byron poem, and I have no coffee available.

-All day downpours and an hour and 26 minute rain delay didn't keep the fans away. Kudos.

-The Sox resident Doctor Frankenstein, Don Cooper, needs a raise. Or he needs to stop ignoring Mark Buehrle.

-Well, Javy gets the critical reprieve again after a grinding, five inning, two run, six walks, six hits, eight(!) strikeout performance. He didn't come out for the sixth inning, so maybe that helped.

-My pick to click, Thome, was brutal as was Paulie, but no one has it every night. Gooch, however, picked up some of the slack going 3-4.

-Biggest play of the game: The $25 million dollar douchebag threw away a potential double play ball leading to four runs in the second inning. Did I mention the Yankess had two errors and three misplays in total in the second?

-Bad Ozzie Move of the Game: not much to complain about really. I'm scouring my head for some sort of misstep, some error in judgement and I can't come up with one. Feel free to add one to the comments if you can find one.

-Good Ozzie Move of the Game: B-Mac's homer aside, he used the bullpen to perfection. In a close game, Thornton and Jenks were very good. At least I'm assuming they were Ozzie's call since he got tossed in the top of the sixth inning after finally having enough of umpire Eric Cooper.

-Speaking of which, I've been back and forth on the umpires' performance in this series and have finally decided that it was a poorly officiated series. I'm sure Joe Torre would agree with me too.

-Big Ups of the Game go to Javy (and all the pitchers for that matter) for a gutty perfomance especially since I called him "No Balls" Vazquez earlier this season.

-And my White Sox Player of the Game is...hold your breath...






Mr. Lisa Dergan (7)





Holy crap that was hard to type, but he was very clutch coming up with 2 huge huge huge two-out rbis. His last one was the difference in the game. Just maddening. By the way, because I like to be critical and complimentary at the same time, Pods has more 2 rbi games since July 15th than Jim Thome. Suck on that nugget for awhile.

Sox Record: 67-46...and back on top of the Wild Card race.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeeves said...

-That second inning was hilarious. A-Rod throws 10 feet wide. The Melky Way whiffs on a ball rolling in the outfield. Robby Cano loses the ball on a DP chance. Posada lets a pitch through his legs and alomst throws the ball away. Collectively now....THANK YOU YANKEES! This game was a gift.

-THank you Ozzie for actually pulling Vazquez...and not when it was too late.

-I feel comfortable with Javy's effort considering the line up, and considering the pressure on him. This is the type of situation everyone expects him to blow up in.

8/11/2006 6:19 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Richie "Dick" Allen?

8/11/2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Ah, and lights go on, and while I'm not exactly grossed out, the pluthura of appendage jokes has reached it's limit for me.
But, as you said, now we know the rest of the story.

PS...was Mr. Allen a favorite of yours, or do you just like the comparison of his name with your male verility? Actually, don't answer that.
PSS...Ah, the South Side Hitmen, I was pretty young back then, but how cool a knickname is that for a team?!?

8/11/2006 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter