Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Welcome New Readers!

I just want to say welcome to any new readers out there! I realize after the Deadspin reference, there has been an influx of new readers who may not know what we're all about here at Chi-Sox Blog.

First off, everyone, you're welcome to comment on any of the postings. You can be positive, you can be negative, you can be indifferent, you can be slightly obscene (just don't go over the top), and you can feel free to make a pick to click. All I ask is that you make the pick before the game starts, it's for a hitter, and try not to duplicate someone's pick. If we do get to the point where we have 5 or 6 people picking then go ahead and make a duplicate pick, but if it's only 3-4 people, it's more fun to make diff picks.

If you're new to the site, we do previews for every game. That's generally where we post the picks to click, but if the preview isn't up yet feel free to attach it to the last post. I will for sure see it, and I will add you to the leaderboard on the sidebar. Expect daily recaps of the game. They usually come the same night as the game, but sometimes come the next day. Each recap will have highlights of the game, analysis, and hopefully some humor. We throw in the Sox Player of the Game (which we keep track of on the sidebar) and we have "Big Ups of the Night" for others that deserve recognition.

We're a pretty fun site; we mix in good humor and analysis, and we're driven by our passion for the Sox. At times we're overdramatic, but that's only because, well, we're Sox fans, I can't put it any plainer than that.

So welcome everyone, and I hope you join us here on a continuous basis.

-Jeeves

PS - If you're interested in becoming a writer, check out "Open Invite" listed on the sidebar under Chi-Sox Blog favorites. It's slightly out of date and credit is due to James as well for his work, but the post is so old that I cannot edit it.

6 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

we got picks to click for tonight's game scattered all over the place so I thought I'd list them here
Jeeves: Thome
Fornelli: AJ
DickdaStick: Iguchi
James aka "The Buerhle Bile File": Crede

there was just so much posted that I didn't want anyone's ptc to get lost

8/08/2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Count, you fell into the trap jeeves did yesterday

8/08/2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Well, there's always one constant for the Sox. And no I'm not talking 85 mph heaters from Buehrle and Freddy. I'm talking an f up by Mack in the outfield.

8/08/2006 7:17 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

It's one thing to be consistent, it's another to be consistently shitty.

8/08/2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Jeeves...can't wait to read this Ode to Freddy...are you gonna call it "An Ode to Rolling Curve Balls"?

God, I hate to rag on my team, but this is just senseless.

8/08/2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

That's right folks, I'm writing an ode to Freddy after this game

8/08/2006 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter