Saturday, August 05, 2006

Game 108 Preview

Javier Vazquez 9-6, 5.44 for the ChiSox

vs.

Francisco Rosario 1-1, 5.03 for the Jays

This is Rosario's first career start. He's appeared in 15 games out of the 'pen for Toronto. The Sox have struggled this season against pitchers they have never faced, but he doesn't appear to be lighting the world on fire so we should be able to put up some runs.

If Vazquez pitches poorly, I think that will be the last straw for me. I've tried to defend him as long as possible and as of recent, I've tried to keep the criticism to a minimum, but if he sucks it up I'm going to have to join the group begging for his demotion to the 'pen.

Sox needs wins now. Best case scenario, we win. Worst case scenario, we lost a game we should win. I don't mind as much if we get blown out; our knack for giving up games since the All-Star Break is what kills me.

My pick to click is Tadahito
Dick's pick to click is JD

Readers feel free to make your picks in the comment section. The game's at 4:05 eastern time, so get those picks in!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeeves said...

Wow, apparently you're quite the pimp James. I missed the comment you said earliet about pimping the site to Deadspin...thanks a lot! I don't know if you saw my comment earlier, but it did bring record numbers to the sight. We had over 800 visitiors and 1000 page views, which blew all previous highs out of the water.

Is our mention on deadspin a once in a lifetime thing or do you think it will happen consistently now? I'm not terribly familiar with deadspin.

8/05/2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

First off...my Pick to Click...(honestly, I think I'm personally responsible for ruining a few games with my PtCs...I'm like Mush from A Bronx Tale where everything he bets on turns to mush or like DJ who is having a lousy year in the original PtC race)...so, my PtC is BA

As for Deadspin, Will Leitch, the main editor/writer, checks out a lot of sports blogs and from what I can tell his plugs/links mostly depend on humorous content, him being partial to not taking things too seriously. (We'll leave the serious stuff to writers like Gammons or Shakespeare.)
At the start of the baseball season, he did a rundown of all the MLB teams and their best blogs. (Cheat's site was obviously the highest ranked Sox site.) Honestly, I'd never thought about emailing him about your site until I posted that ledge-jumping recap; I guess I thought he'd get a small chuckle out of it, and I'd (selfishly) get a little exposure.
Certainly more people now know about the site, and if we can remain consistant (which god knows you are, Jeeves), we'll receive more plugs -- maybe even on a few other sites.

One other thing, the page-loading-slowly problem will probably be fixed (like you said) if you lessen the amount of posts on the front page. Of course it wouldn't hurt if my novellas/recaps were smaller too, but I've gotten a big kick outta doing them last few days. (Thanks again Jeeves for letting e be a part of this.)

8/05/2006 12:28 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

By the way, Jeeves, you're up with the recap since I'm gonna be doing my best imitation of a Parrothead tonight at the First-Midwest-Bank-Bob's-Country-Bunker Ampitheater-Center-Stadium or whatever the hell it's being called the week.

Go Sox!

8/05/2006 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter