Friday, July 28, 2006

A Potential Turning Point: Game 101 Thoughts

Sox win! 6-4

-I cannot put into writing how huge this victory feels. Only people that were sitting, sorry, suffering through this game can understand how remarkable this win was. This win feels like it could be the game that sparks a complete turnaround. It feels like it could be the end of our woe for the time being.

-God bless Ross Gload! That was impeccable timing for his first dinger of the season.

-This is the type of game the Sox have consistently lost since the All-Star Break. The Sox racked up a decent number of hits, but rarely threatened to score. The Sox easily could have rolled over and given this one to the O's, but they fought back in ninth.

-At a distance, it looks like Freddy pitched well enough but he wasn't all that great. Freddy took away all hope for a victory early by giving up all his runs in the first four innings. But I guess I must give him credit for not letting it get out of hand. In all he only gave up 3 ER (4 R). It wasn't a dominating performance, but with the performances we've seen from Buehrle and Javy recently this looked like a masterpiece.

-The bullpen was good as well. Cotts (2/3 inning), MacDougal (1.0), Thornton (1/3), and Jenks (1.0) combined to pitch 3 innings of perfect relief. I'm fairly confident in MacDougal and our relief corps. It seems this year my confidence in the 'pen and with the starters are inversely related.

-The Sox actually scored their first two runs without utilizing the long ball. I thought I was watching film from 2005.

-Big Ups of the Night to our bench players. In the ninth inning, pinch-hitters Pods, Mackowiak, and Gload all got hits.

-Props to Ozzie for pushing the right buttons tonight. I know he's often maligned for his over managing, but it worked tonight.

Sox Player of the Game




Ross Gload (1)








Sox Record: 60-41

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeeves...for some unknown reason I'm having problems logging into Blogger under my user name. I was gonna post something earlier, but I may have to change my identity. If that's the case, I'll pass it on to you as soon as I can.

In the meanwhile, Way To Go Ross Gload!

7/28/2006 10:40 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Yah, blogger at times can be real fickle. I'm actually looking for places to move the site in the not too distant future, but we'll see.

7/28/2006 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter