Monday, July 24, 2006

So Begins the Comeback:Game 97 Thoughts

Sox Win! 5-0

-First, sorry for the absence. I just had no free time at all to post. I typed up recaps of the missing games, but I don't want to bury James' post, so I'm just going to post the most recent one.

-All of a sudden Jon Garland is our stopper. He pitched brilliantly; scattering 6 hits over 8 1/3 innings. Garland gave us exactly what the Sox needed.

-The only fault you can find with Garland is the fact that he failed to hit Kinsler. I personally don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean if this was the NL, where you could hit Vincente "I randomly hate the White Sox" Padilla then I would be all for a retaliatory plunking.

-I think Ozzie overreacted a bit. He easily could have put Garland into a funk after reading him the riot act. Imagine the outcry if Garland blew up after that.

-The Sox only managed 5 hits, but they still produced 5 runs. Gload had 2 nice sac bunts which both resulted in runs.

-Big Ups of the Day to Pods for his homer, 3 RBI's, and nice diving catch. Pods homer wasn't a cheapie either. He hit it to the deeper part of the park.

Sox Player of the Game





Jon Garland (3)






Sox Record: 59-38

2 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

sorry, jeeves, I couldn't get something up quicker, but it's been hard getting back into the swing of things after a vacation...

garland has been the man for the Sox and right now if they gave up Beurhle for Soriano, I wouldn't be disappointed

7/25/2006 4:56 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Hey no need to apologize my man. It was a huge help having you lead the charge with all the transactions that have been going on.

7/25/2006 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter