Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Buehrle Bile File: Game 115 Preview

Momentum is a tricky thing.

Can Mark Buehrle follow suit after consecutive winning outings by starters?

It's a Saturday afternoon in Chicago, and two struggling lefties are taking the mound -- Kenny Rogers for the Detroit Tigers and Mark Buehrle for the Chicago White Sox. In Rogers' last 8 starts he's 1-2 with a bile-tastic 9.77 ERA. To match witless pitching, Mr. Odiferous, in his last 7 starts, is 0-6 with stomach-turning 9.61 ERA.

We here at ChiSox Blog are not the only ones to wail about the woeful pitching. The big boys downtown, with their cash, flash and dash, are on the alert too. Check out this Tribune article asking every pitching guru in Mark's past for help.

What, Cy Young wasn't available?

Mark's college pitching coach says maybe his ego needs to be stroked. Maybe Mark doesn't feel loved. (We stroked Jim Thome's ego in the SouthSideSox game thread and he came thru big time.) Maybe he needs Crusty Alomar, Jr., to walk to the mound and tell him everything is gonna be alright after every pitch.

Maybe I need an enema and a labotomy too.

Mark does have a history of slumps. An 0-4 slump in college plagued him as did an 0-9 streak for the big club in 2003. But now he's supposed to be the crafty veteran in the prime of his career coming off a championship season. He's supposed to be the elder statesman of the staff. He's supposed to be the second pitching coach of the team. If I had a little league pitcher, I wouldn't even let him watch Mark's starts.

But I do have my own theory as to why Mark is struggling.

No more tarp slides. Damn you, Kenny Williams.


By the way, my Pick to Click is JD. And c'mon, guys, let's get those picks in early. Just add them to the comments section.

7 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

By the way, the game has been moved from a 6:05PM start to 12:15PM to accomodate FOX Saturday baseball.

Look forward to The Buehrle Bile File game thoughts.

Mark, please make me look bad.

My PtC...JD

8/12/2006 6:23 AM  
Blogger Fornelli said...

You took mine you son of a......

Guess I'll have to take Joey Clutch.

PtC=Crede

8/12/2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Kelley said...

Pick to Click = Iguchi

Sorry I've been away so long - Just couldn't bear the losing. Call me a fairweather fan, I suppose...

8/12/2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger Fornelli said...

Player of the game goes to Brandon Inge!!

Helluva A-Rod impression.

8/12/2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

That's a White Sox winner!

Yah, baby!

The Tigers and Yanks have shown us how valuable a good third basemen is.

I unfortunately had to put on word verification. I was getting junk comments, believe it or not.

Welcome back Jonathon! I was wondering where you had gotten off to.

James, do you want the wrap up since it's Buehrle?

8/12/2006 6:34 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

yeah I'll have a wrap up up soon

8/12/2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

KEllEy! good to have you back!

8/13/2006 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter