Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Game 119 Preview

Adam "Who the F#$% Is This Guy" Bernero, R, 0-1, 10.57 ERA for the KC Royals

vs.

Jose "The Count" Contreras, R, 11-4, 3.53 ERA for the Chicago White Sox

Actually Bernero has 5 starts in his career against the White Sox. Where was I?
Let's all thank God, Allah, Buddha, Krishna, Confucious, Satan, L. Ron Hubbard, dung beetles, the Great Spirit in the Sky, a one-legged hooker named Hope -- whomever the deity of your choice is -- that the Count is on the mound today so if there's a carryover of yesterday's sleepwalk, at least there'll be some decent pitching until the offense awakes .

My Pick to Click...I'm gonna see how BA's hot stick works for me. (Eeeewww. The fog on my monitor is playing havoc with my descriptive abilities.)

Post those picks to click in the comment section, readers.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jeeves said...

Nice recap Pander.

I can't say I didn't feel this coming, but I still hoped that I was being unduly pessimistic. Damnit! The Sox need to take the next two, otherwise I'll go crazy.

They're still technically on pace to meet my goal of a 6-1 record while I was gone, but it did just get a whole lot harder.

My PtC is JD

8/16/2006 6:51 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Kelley said...

I'll take Konerko. Not out of the woods yet, Sox fans!

8/16/2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Fix on the part of the White Sox?

Explain, and please cite examples.

8/16/2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger Fornelli said...

Taking AJ.

8/16/2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

The Nats just put Alphonso Soriano on waivers. Not that he'll get to the Sox, but wouldn't he look good for the final 40 games of the season and playoffs in left field?

Andruw Jones didn't make it, so I don't think Soriano will either.

8/16/2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Yeah, I had all those plays in mind too when you mentioned it.
Isn't it awful that a scandal from 87 years ago can still haunt the present day team?
Maybe Oliver Stone should look into last night's game! :-)

8/16/2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Fornelli said...

I'm still waiting for Ollie Stone to incorporate his "single plane theory" into his new World Trade Center movie.

8/16/2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

I saw three white sox hats while roaming the streets of London!

8/16/2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Unfortunately for Jeeves, since he's currently imbibing warm beer and eating mashers, he probably won't be able to change his non-starting PtC, JD.

I, however, am afforded the opportunity since BA is out of the starting lineup and it's still an hour and 25 minutes until first pitch.

My new PtC...Mack. Yeah, so I took the CF anyways, I'm feeling the karma of that position.

(By the way, jeeves can have JD's replacement, Gload, if he can't get a pick in on time.)

8/16/2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

I was wondering when we;d see a true Sunday lineup.

So Gload it is, for me!

8/16/2006 5:47 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

if paulie is your pick, pander, please choose again...mr. kelley has paulie performing for him

8/16/2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

There was something in the smoke the other night, I'm sure of it.
Damn it. Get Ollie on it now.
I blame Tigger fans.

8/16/2006 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter