Monday, August 14, 2006

Game 117 Preview

Mark Redman, L, 7-6, 5.49 ERA for the Kansas City Royals

vs,

Jon Garland, R, 12-4, 5.16 for the Chicago White (Hot) Sox

So, is this letdown time? Is this the time for deep breath? Can the home team take the visitors lightly? Yeah, maybe not since the Sox are only 8-4 (only?!?) against the improving Royals. It seems worse, but the Tiggers were 11-1 against the Royals, and if the Sox want to make up anymore ground, they're gonna have to beat teams not name the Tiggers. Well, this is a good place to start.

My Pick to Click....against the lefty...Paul Konerko

You know what to do, guys. And to any new readers, feel free to add your own "Pick to Click" to the Comments section of this post. Go Sox!

11 Comments:

Blogger Fornelli said...

I got a feelin...B.A.

8/14/2006 2:43 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

My pick is JOE Crede!

(Yes I did manage to get computer access out here)

8/14/2006 9:13 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

He's alive, and obviously has all his fingers!
Did you manage to use the words, "Bloody Hell!" yet?

8/14/2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

By the way, I couldn't find that brrom pic, and I soooo wanted to post it!

8/14/2006 9:37 AM  
Blogger Fornelli said...

So what's the over under on Hawk coming out of the closet and professing his love for Joe?

Also is there a worse nickname than Joe Joe the Late Inning Hero? My crew's been calling him Joey Clutch for like 4 years....we think it's slightly better.

8/14/2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger Cranky Peanut said...

pick = JD

8/14/2006 12:41 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Is Mark Teahan the new Mike Sweeney?

Fornelli: didn't you know that DJ is the Sesame Street character for the Sox broadcasts? It's all about the kiddies when it comes to DJ!

8/14/2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

The funny thing is I say bloody hell even when I'm at home.

A sweep against these guys would be sweep, but I'm still weary of a let down.

8/14/2006 1:20 PM  
Blogger Fornelli said...

I'm not too worried about a letdown. Our problems with KC seem to be limited to KC itself. At the Cell we're 5-1 against them, and 3-3 at their place.

Besides, I think we're going too good as a team right now to suffer a letdown.

8/14/2006 1:47 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Kelley said...

I'll take Ozuna then, thank you very much!

8/14/2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Kelley said...

Damn it! 16 hits and I pick the guy who goes 0-5 ... oh well, at least he got an RBI (one of, er, eight players to do so).

Hmm, not having watched the game, it's tough to say for sure who the PotG was. Balanced major offensive attack vs. 7 IP, 1R, 7 hits, 5K, 0BB... Given the fact that we humiliated the Royals' one All-Star, and Garland was facing the worst lineup in creation, I'm giving to the offense, and Brian Anderson, by a nose.

8/14/2006 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter