Saturday, September 09, 2006

Don't Celebrate Too Long, We've Got an Early Game Tomorrow: Game 143 Preview

C.C. Sabathia 10-9, 3.31 for the Politically Incorrect Monikers of Cleveland

vs.

Javier Vazquez 11-9, 4.80 for the Good Guys

1:05 start tomorrow. That's why I put up the instant-preview. Tomorrow's a big day. A three game winning streak would be a great confidence boost heading out to the West Coast.

Us winning tomorrow will be contingent on which Javy Vazquez shows up. According to Coop, he and Javy had made some tweaks in August, which led to some decent performances. But as long as he pitches in Chicago, there will be that fear that Javy will implode. I have faith in Don Cooper, but hedging my bets.

I'm going with Uribe. I'm praying that he's begining a hot streak a la '05.
James, who unfortunately has been locked out of commenting, again, is going with Paulie.

If the offense stays hot, you can't miss with your PtC!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take the Gooch.

9/09/2006 10:56 PM  
Blogger Fornelli said...

Everybody I was gonna take is taken!!

Now I'm stuck with some god damn lefty against Sabathia. Better take Jimmy and hope he runs into one.

9/10/2006 12:23 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Well that didn't take long, thank god.

I think my good banter good banter good banter was too much for Blogger to handle.

I got a feeling when you post over 100 comments (or something close to that number) Blogger robotically thinks you're a spammer/ is curious why you're posting so much. I guess I'll just have to be more selective with my good banter good banter good banter.

I too will be at the game today, if there's a game today. Rain rain go away.

9/10/2006 6:32 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Check out this nugget from The Tribune: "Friday's comeback victory was the Sox's 40th of the season, second only to Minnesota's 42 in the majors..."

9/10/2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Hey Dick...where you gonna be sitting, maybe we can meet for a brew?

9/10/2006 8:17 AM  
Blogger Fornelli said...

Good banter good banter good banter is key in a pennant race.

Also, days like today are why God invented Tivo. I won't be watchin the Sox until this evening. Of course it depends on if they play.

Using my meteorlogical skills (I got a degree on the internet!! I can also marry couples.)I can tell you it will be raining all afternoon. How hard I'm not sure. I expect the game to start on time, but not finish on time.

Know what I'm sayin dog?

Word.

9/10/2006 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter