Thursday, June 15, 2006

David Riske

The Sox traded Javier Lopez to the Red Sox for David Riske. In eight appearances Riske is 0-1 with a 3.72 ERA. He's relatively young; he's 29 years old. Overall I like this trade. Riske has been pretty solid throughout his career, although his back has been balky at times. I know that Lopez was dominant in AAA, but he is a lefty and we already have two in the 'pen plus some others at AAA. My only regret is that we didn't get to see Lopez in action this season.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't laugh, but I don't trust this guy cuz he ruined a fantasy team of mine a few years back. I think he was closing for Cleveland and did it for probably half a season, until they demoted him. Thankfully we have a closer, but if he's anything like he was on my fantasy team we'll wish Damaso was never traded.

6/15/2006 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's probably better Javy didn't surface in the bigs -- doing so well in AAA probably boosted his trade value. Kenny picked him up for nothing, yet got something for him in return.

6/15/2006 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter