Sunday, May 21, 2006

Game 43 Thoughts

-I'm going to (try and) keep this short. Dale covered some good points, and I missed the game.

-Sox blew their shot at the sweep. From what I heard Uribe should have made that throw for the DP and the end of the inning.

-I also heard that Mackowiak was took a terribly route to the ball and then inexplicably dove for it, which resulted in Barret's triple. Why wasn't Anderson in for defensive purposes?

-Now for those involved in yesterdays bruhaha...It kills me that Barrett had a back breaking hit, but it cracked me up seeing the replay of AJ's homer. For those that missed it, AJ started clapping to himself after hitting a homer off of Zambrano, aka Psycho McGee. I don't know if AJ was taunting or if he what happened there, but Zambrano began to yell at AJ, so when AJ crossed the plate he thumped his chest twice, and then kissed his hand and pointed to the sky, a la Mr. Crazypants that was on the mound. Zambrano took exception to AJ's mocking and looked ready to sock him a punch in the face.
The one downside to AJ's show is it may encourage Selig to suspend him for his part (or lack thereof) in the fight yesterday.

-Paulie had himself a ball game with two homers.

-AJ is batting a healthy .344, just thought everyone should take note.

-The Count looked good in his return. In my books, I'm only charging him with two runs, the homers by Ramirez. We should have gotten out of the eighth without any runs coming across.

Sox Player of the Game





Paul Konerko (5)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeeves said...

Alrite, I didn't get to see the game so I only heard about this from news releases and what other people said.

5/22/2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

There was one time I was actually happy for Sammy Sosa's exuberance.

It was either three or four years ago, but it was a Crosstown classic. The Sox were up by one and Sammy was up at the plate with two outs in the ninth. He then went on to take the three hardest swings I have ever seen, whiffing terribly each time. I was watching the game with three Sox fans and one Cubs fans, and we laughed our asses off.

It was the most depressed I've ever seen Sosa, which was a nice contrast after years of his ridiculous hop.

5/22/2006 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter