Monday, May 15, 2006

Game 37 Thoughts

-The B Squad was in today. I was expecting it so I can't be all that upset with it. I think now that I've gotten used to it, it doesn't get me as worked up as it did before. Now if Oz plays the B team against a good team like the Tigers, I may flip, but I'm okay with it today, especially considering the bench guys tore it up.

-See pick to click for stuff about Pods.

-Widger got off the shneid and hit his first homer of the year. He ended up going 3-5 with 2 runs and 3 RBIs.

-Mack also wen 3-5 with a run scored.

-Joe Clutch had a solid game as well. He was 3-4 with a dinger, two RBIs and two runs.

-Freddy pitched great today. It may have been his best start of the season so far. His velocity was waaaay up. It was in the mid- 90's according to Comcast in the beginning third of the game. He also had some nice tail action on his fastball and his curve had some good bite to it.

-Not everyone played so well. Anderson and Uribe went 0-fer; as did Thome and Konerko.

-Cotts continues to inspire more confidence. He's had a nice string of scoreless relief appearances.

-The Sox did well to salvage the split in the series. They can still meet DickdaStick's and my goal of a 8-2 record on this roadie, if they sweep the D-Rays and the Scrubs...sorry the Cubs.

-Tiger Watch - I snagged this from John Dononvan's power rankins at si.com...The Tigers swept Cleveland over the weekend, which, truth be told, isn't that big a deal. (I mean, if the Royals can do it....) But what Detroit did to Victor Martinez, the Indians' superb switch-hitting catcher, was truly impressive. No hits in 12 at-bats. No balls out of the infield. No walks. The guy never reached base. Ask him if the Tigers are for real.
That's a pretty impressive feat against Martinez.

Sox Player of the Game




Scott Podsednik (4)

Pods with the hat-trick, three straight P.o.t.G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter