Friday, December 08, 2006

This is How We Do: Welcome!

I think the past couple days have brought the greatest influx of readers ever to Chi-Sox Blog, thank you Deadspin! The past two days alone we've seen over 1,500 visitiors and 2,000 page views, which made me realize we have a whole bunch of new readers out there. So to those of you unfamiliar with the site welcome!

Chi-Sox Blog started has solely a White Sox blog to chronicle what I thought was going to be the a World Series winning season. Over the season the writing style has evolved and picked up from more objective to more of a fan's perspective; also, along the way I picked up DickDaStick, James, and Pander who help contribute. After the season ended though, I realized I couldn't sit by and wait for Spring Training to hit, so I just up and started blogging about all things sports. So again, to those of you who are new here, welcome, and feel free to drop a comment, positive or negative or whatever.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kman said...

Congrats on all of the hits & success! Looks like you've only been going since March 2006, and the site is growing day by day. We got into Deadspin a few weeks back, so I know the joy of the extra visits from that site.

12/09/2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Pander said...

Hm, I'm surprised at my own lack of Sox-related activity during the off-season. Usually I at LEAST try to pay attention and make conjectures on trades and signings. This off-season, I haven't. I don't know if it's the success of the Bears, the fact I don't really have a great handle on what exactly we're doing as a team (dealing Freddy had an over/under of 50% I'd say), or the continued sting of missing the playoffs, but I just haven't thought to myself "Man I need to find out about the Sox" yet much.

I bet McCarthy's already looking through the Acme catalog, trying to find some nice Floyd-crushing anvils. A little crazy Glenn Close action, "I will NOT be ignored in the bullpen, Ozzie!" Yessir, nothing like 6 quality starters.

Oh, and am I the only one who loved the Boston $51 million bid for a starting pitcher? My current theory is they had the dyslexic intern enter in their $15 mil bid.

Uribe-watch: Not currently incarcerated.

Other than that, big game tomorrow for the Bears.

...just kidding! Ha ha ha, just don't get any more injuries, kiddies! Oh, and someone remind Rex Grossman that at the moment the only difference between him and Kyle Orton is that Kyle throws 15 yard interceptions and Rex throws 30 yard interceptions. Step it up, bitch!

12/10/2006 12:25 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Hey good to hear from you Pander!

It's funny how insecure the Bo-Sox were about their bid for Matsuzaka. They originally had a $50 mil bid, but then were afraid someone else would have the same amount (like that would ever have happened), so they bumped it up to $51 mil, but then they were worried someone else would have thought of the same thing, so they bumped it up $100,000 more

12/10/2006 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Hit Counter