Thursday, October 05, 2006

The season may be over, but I sure as hell haven't finished

So I've got some big plans for posts coming up in the next few days. I've actually started hashing out ideas on paper! I'm hoping things don't get too hectic out here, because I really want to get this stuff out while the season is still fresh in our minds, and before we totally move onto the Bears.

Anyways, here are some of the topics I'm going to write about, if you have any suggestions or post ideas just drop a comment. James, Dickie, and Pander if you want to take a topic and run with it, just double check with me, so we don't have duplicates.

-A general view back on the season: the highs the lows, encouraging and discouraging things to take out of this season. Claimed by James
-The Legacy of this season: How does it rate? A disappointment? Something to build off? Where do we place it in our history? (This may ultimately be joined with the above topic, but I fear that it would be an uber long post, so for now it's two separate posts) Claimed by DickDaStick
-A quick look to next season: Possible off-season moves, Who I'd like to see gone, who I'd like to see back and moves I'd like to see.
-Ozzie's biggest boners of the year. Both managing-wise and speaking-wise.


-White Sox season ending awards CHECK
-White Sox player grades CHECK
-Hindsight on off-season trades CHECK
-How our in-season acquisitions panned out CHECK
-A look at how former Sox players did. CHECK

These posts will come out sporadically. I can't predict the days or the order, but keep an eye our for 'em; there will be good stuff coming even though the Sox season is done.

9 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Holy Shit, Jeeves. Talk about a deluge!

I guess you had a lot on your mind concerning the season, cuz it's raining words from SoCal.

As for taking a topic and running with it, I'd love to take one. Would you like to "assign" me one?

Actually, I'll just start at the top of your list. Expect it up by the weekend.

10/05/2006 4:15 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Good Luck, Dickie!

And throw a chip on 23 at the Roulette table for me, thanks!

10/05/2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

James - Take your pick. I'd rather you choose one that you feel you could rock rather than me give you one that you're not all that thrilled about. Except I lay claim to the season ending awards.

Dickie - If you want dibs on a topic before you leave for Vegas, just let me know! PS - Please don't come back with only four fingers.

10/05/2006 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do we really need a post about how former sox did? mags, big frank... they're in the playoffs!!

id say they did pretty damn good.

10/05/2006 6:33 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Well, I meant the ones we shipped off prior to this season. It won't be anything lengthy, just a look back. Plus, the more to write about the better, because it's a looong off-season.

10/05/2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Any suggestions for posts anon?

10/05/2006 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, best and worst, smartest and stupidest guillen moments this season.

10/06/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

haha, I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but that's actually a good. I'll add that one to the list, thanks anon

10/06/2006 5:41 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

It shouldn't be too hard to research Anon's idea; we only did Good Ozzie Move and Bad Ozzie Move for about a third of the games this season.

10/06/2006 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter