Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Grand Finale: Game 162 Preview

Javy Vazquez 11-11, 4.77 for the Spoilers

vs.

Scott Baker 5-8, 6.37 for the Twinkies

So it comes down to this. The Twins are in a dead heat with the Tigers. Can the Sox finally pull off a sweep, and continue to break the hearts of Minnesotans? Can the Sox put together one more complete game, and allow me to whip out the broom pic? (At this point the broom is so dusty, I'm going to need a broom to dust of the broom before I whip it out)

My final pick to click will be Uribe...I started picking unusual guys so I'm going to end the same way.

4 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Well, I'll take whomever is in LF today.

And know this, the Grimsley accusations were leaked.

Names heading the list: Miguel Tejada (was Palmeiro lying?), Andy Pettitte, and the mother-lode, Roger Clemens. Also implicated: Brian Roberts and Jay Gibbons.

The off-season just got a whole lot more interesting.

10/01/2006 7:36 AM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Had to bring up the broom, didn't yah, Jeeves?

10/01/2006 10:29 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Of course I did! I've been itching to whip it out. I gotta look back and find out the last time it made an appearance

10/02/2006 12:21 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Aug 13 was the last sweep but I was out of town, and you did the recap so there was no broom.
The last time we saw it was Game 72, June 23
http://chisoxblog.blogspot.com/2006/06/all-we-really-need-is-one-hit-game-72.html

It's been WAY overdue!

10/02/2006 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter