Sunday, September 24, 2006

Tiny Ray of Hope: Game 156 Preview

Freddy Garcia (R, 15-9, 4.63) for the teasing White Sox
vs
Ryan Feierabend (L, 0-0, 0.00) for Ichiro's Bitches
---------------------------------------------------------
So here is where we stand...

American League Wild Card Standings
W L GB Left
Minnesota (3) 91 63 -- 8
Chi White Sox 86 69 5.5 7
LA Angels 83 71 8.0 8

I'm already tabulating this as a loss. Why, you ask? Any White Sox fan will look at the particulars and realize that history is against us. A rookie left-handed pitcher making his first career start. Umm, need I say more? The Sox are 30-32 versus lefty starters this season, and while I can't find the stats versus rookie pitchers, all White Sox fans know that when a Sox team faces a pitcher for the first time, they fare, well, let's just say, poorly.

And this will make it worse. The Twins magic number is 3. If we would have won the first two games against Seattle, the Twins magic number would have been 5 (I think) after their two losses to Baltimore, and the Sox would have been the masters of their own destiny.

As it stands, we have to rely upon the Kansas City Royals. We need help. And as one of the more hated teams in all of baseball, I doubt KC will give a shit.

So let's see if Freddy can keep his hot streak alive. He's allowed 4 baserunners, and only 2 hits in his last 16 innings pitched, including two consecutive shutouts. If there was ever a big game for Big Game Freddy, this is it.

My Pick to Click is Jim Thome to stay hot.

The race is on. Let's see the PtCs in the comments.

5 Comments:

Blogger Fornelli said...

We are fucking meat today. Ryan Ferrarialmamalabajimimabend is going to shut us down!!!!

I'm taking Juan Uribe to knock in the only 2 runs we'll score.

Wasn't it great to see all that fight yesterday about 3 weeks too late?

9/24/2006 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, I was away mourning...

9/24/2006 2:37 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

some nice comebacks for my favorites teams the last few days
first the sox yesterday
then ND last night
today the bears pulled a rabbit outta there hat

maybe the twins will lose and give me more pleasure

9/24/2006 3:49 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Well I'll go with JD. This is going to be the first game I watch on the internet, so let's see how it turns out. I haven't seen a White Sox win in faaaar too long

9/24/2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

I dunno that was weird. I sent that comment A LOT earlier, I dunno why it took so long to pop up.

9/25/2006 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter