Monday, June 05, 2006

Game 54 Thoughts

-Solid performance from Jon "I didn't need nearly all that much run support, today" Garland. He wasn't spectacular but he got the job done.

-If the bullpen could pitch, Jonnie boy would have gotten the win today.

-Nelson is oooold. His tanks is empty, which is why, I suppose, he was in retirement earlier this year. It was worth the gamble to give him a go, but now it's time for him to go.

-I'm not overly worried about Thome. He was bound to pick up a strain here or there. Hopefully it really isn't anything to worry about.

-I don't like AJ in the three hole; I would rather see Crede there. AJ just cannot hit with runners in scoring position.

-The Sox offense needs to wake up a bit. Their struggles on the road trip have carried over to the beginning of the homestand.

Sox Player of the Game

I refuse to award this to anyone. No one did anything extraordinary. Gload had two singles and a RBI, that's good enough to get him a mention here, but he's not going to be awarded PotG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter