Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Game 52 Thoughts

-Today was frustrating, I'll leave it at that.

-Garcia didn't pitch that poorly. His line got skewed by Mackowiak and Politte.

-It seems like I say this a lot, but had Anderson been playing, he would have made that catch. But he wasn't in, so instead it was scored as a triple.

-Politte, of course, let Sizemore score. He hasn't pitched a 1-2-3 inning since May 15. Politte is becoming less and less reliable.

-The Sox were bound to be shut out, but I figured it would be against a decent pitcher, like a Santana or a Sabathia. We should be able to rock the Jake Westbrook's of the world.

-Cintron should rarely have to bat lefty. He is so much better from the right side.

-The whole vibe of the game yesterday was off. It never felt like we were going to win that game.

- Tiger Watch - Luckily for us, the Tigers have lost their past two games, so we have remained 1.5 games back.

Sox Player of the Game





AJ Pierzynski (3)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeeves, just a personal thought, but...
if the sox lose, maybe no PotG
especially considering last night's game
sorry for the disagreement, but losses don't count for Picks to Click or PotG for me...or maybe you should distinguish between PtC adn PotG for W's and L's to see who contributes at clutch times
maybe that's too much work? lol

6/01/2006 4:04 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

That's definitely a good point. I think i may just limit PotG to wins unless someone has a ridiculously good game...like 3 hr's in a losing effort.
PtC I do sporadically, because I either forget to do it or I don't get home before the game starts, so I'm just gonna leave that as be.

I could go back and redo the totals on the sidebar and make sure it's only for wins, but I'm too lazy

6/01/2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Hey James,

What would you think of doing a Sox Goat of the Game, when we lose...or would that be too harsh and cause us to look for excuses?

6/01/2006 9:12 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

You guys both make good points.

I think for now I'm going to stick with a Sox Player of the Game in losses, unless there's really no viable candidate in a loss. I've reached a couple times, so on those occasions, i'll just say no one earned it today.

And I'm not going to do a goat of the game...I think that's too harsh and encourages people to make a scape goat out of that person.

6/01/2006 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter