Saturday, April 01, 2006

Some of My Expectations

AL central
1. White Sox
2. Indians
3. Tigers
4. Twins
5. Royals

I figure the Sox will have a win total in the mid 90’s; somewhere around 93-94 wins, which should be good to take the division. The Sox are clearly one of the best teams in the majors, but the AL looks uber competitive this year, so it would be difficult to reach a triple digit win total. With Spring Training’s optimism still around, the A’s, the Angels, the Sox, the Indians, the Tigers, the Yankees, the Red Sox, and the Blue Jays all have to think that they have a legit shot at the playoffs.
I think joining the ChiSox in the playoffs will be the A’s. I’m unsure about the rest. I think the Yanks may edge the Red Sox for the Eastern Division title, but I’m totally baffled by the Wild Card; it could really go to any division. I’ll temporarily say that the Red Sox will win it, but only if they stay healthy. If Schilling or Beckett miss a large chunk of time, they may fall out of contention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter