Saturday, December 16, 2006

Ross Gload Has Been Freed

James' wish has finally been granted, although not quite in the manner he meant. For a while, his rallying cry was "Free Ross Gload," in reference to freeing hm off from the bench, but good ol' Gload was freed completely from an organization that underestimated his ability to contribute to the team.

Gload was traded to the Royals for Andrew Sisco. Sisco is a big, big lefty to say the least, 6-9, 250; add a mullet and you've got a thicker Randy Johnson (at least in body type). He had a very good rookie season, two years ago, posting a 3.11 ERA in 67 games with 76 K's, but struggled last year. In 65 games, he had a 7.10 ERA and saw his K's drop down to 52.

Sisco still has options left, and Kenny Williams says he's going to talk to Sisco about whether he (Sisco) wants to make it as a reliever or a starter. So unless Boone Logan is terrible in spring training, I figure Sisco will start in the minors.

Sisco has pretty good stuff from what I remember; a good mid 90's fastball and a so-so changeup and a curve. From what I've been hearing, he's had some control problems, so you can add him to the list of players that Coop is going to fix this season. It's quite the laundry list with Floyd, Gio, Sisco, Vazquez, Boone, The Count, and Buehrle (if he needs fixing).

So farewell Gload! You served us well; no Sox fan will forget how you hit .321 in 110 games in '04. Seeing how loaded KC is at first base, maybe we'll reaquire you later on in the season.

3 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

can't do it, pander

ross was my guy, and he should be starting in LF (I wrote this at SSS but) now I gotta change my damn signature

and the utility guy I miss most is the Dyber

12/17/2006 7:18 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

Well I used to love hearing Hawk say Nyo-ton, but I'll have to go with A. Ross Gload.

12/17/2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

It's 24 hours later, and I still wanna cry.

12/17/2006 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter