Saturday, May 27, 2006

Game 48 Thoughts

-Absolute gem by Contreras. 7 innings strong, and he only gave up 5 hits and 1 run. You could argue that that 1 run could have been scored as an unearned run. Juan botched a double play ball, like he did against the Cubs, which allowed the run to score instead of ending the movie.

-(I'll stick with the pitching) McCarthy continues to scare me. It seems like he's getting progressively less reliable.

-Thornton got the job done. I think I now rank him higher than McCarthy on the "who I trust coming out of the 'pen" list.

-Damnit Nelson!

-Our offense was piss-poor today. Actually, let me re-phrase. Our offense was piss-poor when there were men on base. 13 LOB. 13, that's far too many. We had the bases loaded twice, and got one run out of it. We failed to score with the bases loaded and 1 out. We made Scott Downs look like K-Rod. He struck out 3 of 5 batters.

-I must give some brownie points to Pablo and BA. Pablo reached base on pure hustle. He laid down a sac bunt, and reached when Zaun hesitated. He also hustled to second and reached base, when most people would have been out. Anderson is taking his recent benchings in stride, and came through with a lead-off single toward the end of the game.

-Thome had a real poor game today. I don't know how many times in his career, he's gone 0-6 with a golden sombrero.

-Tiger Watch- We're now 3.5 games back in the division. Don't freak yet; I'll let you know when it's time to panic.

Sox Player of the Game




Jose Contreras (4)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter