Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Game 33 Thoughts

-I have to start with Haeger. His weakness today was just letting up too many base runners. The walks killed him. I don't want to judge him out there based on one start, but he didn't look too terribly promising. He worked reaaaaaal slow; a stark contrast from the Count, and Buehrle, and Garland. It looked like the guys weer falling asleep behind him. I will say I was pleased that the fans gave him a round of applause when he exited. It would have been easy to boo him, but that wouldn't have accomplished anything. He definitely felt shitty over his performance, there would have been no need to boo him. Props to the Sox fans.

-Come back Jose. I imagine McCarthy will get Contreras' start against Minnesota.

-I'm impressed that the Sox fought back. They put up 4 runs the same inning the the Halo's stretched their lead, and I thought they would come all the way back when the score was 6-5.

-Anderson's homer was huge. He always seems to come up big in a losing cause. I hope that trend doesn't continue.

-BMac pitched real well. He pitched quickly and efficiently. He ran into a little trouble at the end, but I imagine he was tiring. I think Oz left him out there for so long to "stretch" him out so he can be ready to start against the Twinkies.

-It's a real shame Jenks let the two runners he inherited from McCarthy score. That blemished his outstanding performance. I think Oz should have left Cotts in there after he mowed down Anderson, but that's just me.

-Joe Clutch didn't come through today. I thought he would, but he didn't. Oh well, we can't expect him to do it everytime.

-After the first runs scored in the ninth, the wheels fell off. The bullpen looked poor, but I'll let it slide for now, considering it was raining and after the first runs came across all hope was dashed.

-Tigers Watch: The Tigers won 6-3

-The Indians got swept today by the Royals. I guess we're not the only AL Central team to struggle against KC.

Sox Player of the Game




Brian Anderson (1)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

5/17/2006 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter