Monday, April 10, 2006

Games 5 and 6

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to put up the game recaps for the two games over the weekend. By the time I got home I realized it would have been pointless to post, since everyone would have already seen or read about the game. Instead I'll just give my general comments about the games.

Game 5 (Saturday)

-It was nice to see Pods finally get on base.
-Vazquez pitched a real nice ball game.
-Politte's stat line may look ugly after losing Saturday's game, but the pitch he made wasn't terrible. It was a decent pitch, but Sweeney still sent it for a ride.
-I thought for sure the Sox would win Saturday after getting their jocks handed to them on Friday, and I was doubly sure after they scored two in the eighth. Oh well, they did play well at least. (I was still pissed they lost, but at least they played decent)
-Every game that Thome plays, makes Kenny Williams look smarter and smarter.

Game 6 (Sunday)

-God bless Mark Buehrle. Whenever we need a win, he comes through.
-He breezed through the game. Inning 3-6 seemed to take on five minutes. If I hadn't been watching so intently, I probably would have assumed Sweeney battled Buehrle in a long ass AB, because it felt like only a couple of minutes between AB's for him.
-I'm still waiting for a non-Thome homer. At this rate, he'll single-handedly have to hit 200 homers for the Sox to keep up their streak.
-Speaking of Thome, he's tearing it up.
-It's good to see that JD has no lingering effects from his calf injury.
-I'm glad Ozzie decided to play all 9 of his starters for once, granted there were some injuries before, but still.
-The bottom of the order is hurting us bad right now. 8-9-1. That streak right is tough to swallow. Anderson is scuffling a bit, he needs to pick it up.
-Joe Crede is one damn good fielder. He better win a gold glove this year. He actually has a good shot at it. His post-season dramatics got his name in to the public's eye, so he may be able to snag the award.
-Jenks threw the ball hard...and it got hit hard. Still don't know what to make of him, especially considering he has had minimal work.

-Losing two games to the Royals is ridiculous. Hopefully they springboard off of Buehrle's performance and run off a nice streak of performances. I will not be happy if the Sox lost their series against the Tigers. I don't care how hot they are; 2 out of 3 is a must, and 3 out of 3 would actually salvage this road trip.

Sox Record: 2-4

P.S. Cubs fans, I don't want to hear it. It's still early in the season, and 1908 is, still, well 1908.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter