Monday, November 20, 2006

Sox Prospects

I don't know about y'all, but I don't have a comprehensive view over our prospects. I am knowledgeable about our upper-echelon minor leaguers, but if you were to ask me to name the top ten prosepects in the organizations, I'd probably get stuck around 6 or so. Luckily for me, The Cheat pays great attention to this and has compiled a list of the top ten prospects from our organization with big league aplyer comparisons. I'm re-posting the top ten list, but I highly recommend reading over Cheat's notes.
  1. Ryan Sweeney
  2. Josh Fields
  3. Lance Broadway
  4. Aaron Cunningham
  5. Charlie Haegar
  6. Kyle McCulloch
  7. Jack Egbert
  8. Lucas Harrell
  9. Chris "Vernon" Carter
  10. Oneli Perez

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you guys have a few strong top-level porspects. It will be interesting to see where somelike Fields can get fit in, as he appears to be ready. Couple this witha young arm like McCarthy's and you guys might be on your way.

11/22/2006 10:28 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

The funny thing is, most Sox fans aren't completely sold on Fields. I'd personally rather see him traded to bring in some high-potential talent, unless of course we're going to lose Crede.

I may change my mind on this following next season. If Fields can consistently play like he did for his hot two month stretch, then I'll reverse my opinion, but he very well could be decent-mediocre as he was through a bulke of the year,

11/22/2006 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the cubs getting soriano, big hurt going to the mariners, and the angels getting matthews jr... do you think the sox will make any big free angent trades in this offseason??

11/23/2006 1:29 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

The only free agent I really see the Sox going after is Dave Roberts, and even that is iffy. From what I hear Roberts wants one more year on a contract than what the Sox are considering offering him.

If anything, the Sox will be look to pursue a trade. They will definitely trade one of their starters; probably Garcia or Vazquez, but really any of their starters save for McCarthy could be traded. The Sox will probably looking for good pitching prospects in return for whichever starter they trade.

Don't rule out another out of nowhere trade by KW, like last year's trade for Thome. I think the Sox will look hard for a new left fielder via the trade market. I'd love to see a Crawford or a Crisp instead of Roberts.

11/23/2006 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter