Saturday, November 18, 2006

Keys to Victory in the Game

I'm giddy with joy as this game approaches, and my this game yes, I mean Michigan-OSU. I may be Chicago fan for all things sports, but I was introduced to college football by my uncle from Michigan, and he converted me at a young age to a Michigan fan; so this game is a big deal for me. Rather than just analyze the game like EVERYONE in the world has done, I'm just going to point out some keys to victory for each team.

Ohio State will win if...

-Troy Smith realizes he's great at running the football. This season he has been deadset on proving himself as a pass first QB, but he most dangerous when the threat of him taking off running is present.

-They get Anthony Gonzalez going. Gonzalez gashed Michigan for big yardage last year. While Ginn gets most of the big receptions and ESPN worthy catches, Gonzalez is solid as hell and I think he'll have more of an impact than Ginn.

-Mike Hart is limited. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but Michigan has a ridiculous record when Hart has over 100 yards. It's like 25-2 or something in that ballpark.

Michigan will win if...

-They get pressure on Troy Smith, but ensure that he doesn't escape for a big scramble. Michigan has potentially the best front line in the nation. Tey can and will get seom serious pressure on Smith; it's just a matter of whether or not he can scramble away.

-Mario Manningham gets involved early. If Michigan gets Mario invovled with a deep ball, that's going to keep the OSU defense honest.

-Give Steve Breaston and Mike Hart touches. Hart, although small will wear down defenses. Breaston, like Ginn but to a lesser degree, can bust one at any moment for a huge gain. He had his first big game of the season last week, which bodes well for Michigan.

I'm not going to make a score prediction because I'm obviously biased, so all I'm going to say is GO BLUE!

2 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

I hate to do it, but I have to root for University of Michigan today in order for ND to a have a shot at the National Champiobship.

11/18/2006 2:57 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

National Championships make for strange bedfellows, as the old saying goes.

11/18/2006 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter