Monday, April 03, 2006

Opening Game: Post-Game

These are just my quick hit reflections on the game and the day as a whole.

-April 2, 2005 was a truly memorable day.
We saw a World Series banner raised for the first time in 88 years, and we had a White Sox win.
-I'm a little upset about the rain, but not because it stopped the game for three hours. I'm upset because I wanted to see how Buehrle would pitch when he didn't have his best stuff.
-We did get to see that ou bullpen can in fact carry the load when called upon.
Well, they did this time at least.
-Jim Thome's homer was awesome! It's nice to see him doing that for us, instead of against us.
-We scored 10 runs and Paulie went 0-4; that would have been quite the feat last year.
-I forgot to mention, Matt Thornton pitched 1.1 scoreless innings, that right there is just about as impressive as Thome's homer. I had a strong hunch that he would flame out. Hopefully I was wrong.
-Gotta love the Booooooooone chant for Boone Logan.
-It's quite a luxury having McCarthy in the 'pen.
-The Sox did a good job scoring runs yesterday. They manufactured runs and belted runs in. Their philosophy hasn't really changed from last year.
-The only thing that really bothered me about the game, was when Tadahito rushed his throw home and the ball bounced over AJ's glove. I don't know if it was such a bad bounce it made it impossible to catch, but to me it looked like AJ was worried about getting railroaded and short-armed it a bit.


Sox Record: 1-0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter