Saturday, April 29, 2006

Game 23 Thoughts

-Alright! That's a series win out west. Good job boys. Way to wrap it up early.

-This was a pitcher's duel, the whole game. I don't think I took one breath during the ninth inning.

-Contreras pitched an absolute gem. 12 straight wins for our man.

-I think we lucked out when Escobar got a blood blister and had to leave early. He was cruising just like Contreras. Also we got to tire out the bullpen for tomorrow.

-Why was Thornton out there? Two weeks since he last pitched, because of back spasms. It didn't back fire, so oh well, but it did probably take a couple days off the back end of my life.

-Pods hit again today, but he had some boneheaded plays. He misplayed a ball in the field, badly. And was thrown out pretty easily trying to steal. He's now 50% this year on SB's. Figgins is 7 for 7, just for comparison's sake.

-My pick to click didn't really click, but then again no one really did. No one for either team had a multi-hit game, so no, I didn't jinx Iguchi.

-I'm not going to comment on the ineptitude or eptitude (I'm aware that's not a word) of the hitting, because the pitchers were just dealing today.

-Thome is the quickest Pale Hose ever to 10 HR.

-K-Rod is filthy. He has electric stuff. His curve is DISGUSTING. Boy, do I wish he was on the Sox.

-Expect the "Sunday Lineup" tomorrow for the Sox. I don't know how, but the Garland always seems to get landed with the crummy lineup.

-I nearly forgot. Escobar hitting AJ was crap. That was dumb and uncalled for. I honestly expected it in game one, but it wasn't necessary. I was watching the game while logged into the Angel's blog I referenced earlier, and they weren't all that thrilled about it either.

-I'm surprised Crede doesn't get a round of boos like AJ does. After all, it was Crede's bomb that sunk the Angels' ship.

Sox Player of the Game





Jose Contreras (3)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeeves said...

That's something he'll have to live with for a long time. That's his stigma.

A-Rod is a "choker" in the playoffs.
Jeter is "clutch"

No matter if it's justified or not, people will think of AJ as the "cheater" or the "jerk"

4/30/2006 12:12 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

DickdaStick - feel free to make your comments on the game a post instead of a comment. I'm not sure how many people actually click on the comments.

4/30/2006 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter