Saturday, April 29, 2006

Game 23 Thoughts

-Alright! That's a series win out west. Good job boys. Way to wrap it up early.

-This was a pitcher's duel, the whole game. I don't think I took one breath during the ninth inning.

-Contreras pitched an absolute gem. 12 straight wins for our man.

-I think we lucked out when Escobar got a blood blister and had to leave early. He was cruising just like Contreras. Also we got to tire out the bullpen for tomorrow.

-Why was Thornton out there? Two weeks since he last pitched, because of back spasms. It didn't back fire, so oh well, but it did probably take a couple days off the back end of my life.

-Pods hit again today, but he had some boneheaded plays. He misplayed a ball in the field, badly. And was thrown out pretty easily trying to steal. He's now 50% this year on SB's. Figgins is 7 for 7, just for comparison's sake.

-My pick to click didn't really click, but then again no one really did. No one for either team had a multi-hit game, so no, I didn't jinx Iguchi.

-I'm not going to comment on the ineptitude or eptitude (I'm aware that's not a word) of the hitting, because the pitchers were just dealing today.

-Thome is the quickest Pale Hose ever to 10 HR.

-K-Rod is filthy. He has electric stuff. His curve is DISGUSTING. Boy, do I wish he was on the Sox.

-Expect the "Sunday Lineup" tomorrow for the Sox. I don't know how, but the Garland always seems to get landed with the crummy lineup.

-I nearly forgot. Escobar hitting AJ was crap. That was dumb and uncalled for. I honestly expected it in game one, but it wasn't necessary. I was watching the game while logged into the Angel's blog I referenced earlier, and they weren't all that thrilled about it either.

-I'm surprised Crede doesn't get a round of boos like AJ does. After all, it was Crede's bomb that sunk the Angels' ship.

Sox Player of the Game





Jose Contreras (3)

4 Comments:

Blogger zokmaad said...

The Halo fans are locked into AJ because he represents the cheating the Sox did to win the ALCS. They have really churned the bile over the winter becasue of it it seems.

4/30/2006 12:04 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

That's something he'll have to live with for a long time. That's his stigma.

A-Rod is a "choker" in the playoffs.
Jeter is "clutch"

No matter if it's justified or not, people will think of AJ as the "cheater" or the "jerk"

4/30/2006 12:12 AM  
Blogger DickdaStick said...

Couple thoughts on the 2-1 game ;

Contreras was masterful....can we say the best in MLB from second half of last season on to the present ?

which brings up my next point - Cooper's ability to get the best out of his staff. I would never in a million years have put Thornton out there last night, But Ozzie and Coop did and that could go a LONG way to shaping Thornton's confidence up as a rock solid set-up guy down the road when the games are even bigger.

Thome's ability to shake off all the strikeouts from the past 2 days and deliver when the game was on the line - what a Clutch Performer he truly is.

Jenks throwing 3 "hammers" to the last batter with the game on the line and getting a weak lineout to short on the last one to end the game. He will be unhittable if he gets effective with that pitch !!

4/30/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

DickdaStick - feel free to make your comments on the game a post instead of a comment. I'm not sure how many people actually click on the comments.

4/30/2006 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Hit Counter