Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Game 105 Wrap / 106 Preview

105

*Buerhle conquered some demons and gained some confidence
*MacDougle is just erratic enough to make life uncomfortable for opposing hitters
*Riske saved our ass with great "shut the door" pitching. I wish we had held the win for Mark, but Riske deserves it too.
*with Thome and then Paulie out - we got clutch hitting / scoring from Mack, Cintron and Crede especially
* Sandy Alomar looks very old
* Sandy Alomar can still play
* If he's hurting, may not be a bad time to get Paulie some rest - mentally and physically

106

*Garcia historically does not perform well against the Royals - time to change that
*Dye will rebound from a rough one yesterday
*Keep the clutch run creating going now that we got it resurrected again
*Get Thorton right back in there
*Keep gaining confidence as a team for the tougher series ahead

Dye is my pick to click.

Jeeves is off to college or something -so if anyone would like to comment, vent, prognosticate -please feel free.

3 Comments:

Blogger jamesmnordbergjr said...

Dick: we must have been typing at the same time. LOL. I guess Jeeves will have to take care of Monday's (game 104) recap, cuz I didn't see the game.

BTW, did you see that comment under Jeeves "Be Back Friday" post?

My pick to click tonight is Ross Gload.

8/02/2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger DickdaStick said...

Yeah.....I actually was first writing mine at same time as yours and went to post and it didn't take and I lost it and had to retype everything - you were probably posting yours just before mine or somethinglike that and it knocked me out of the box. Well everyone gets a 2 for 1 now !....and yes I did see that note - interesting.

8/02/2006 4:54 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

you guys are the best...thanks for filling in!

I'll fiz up the picks to click and what not when i get back

8/02/2006 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Hit Counter