Monday, May 22, 2006

A Game I Wish I Was At

What a great victory tonight !! Over the dreaded A's who seem to own us over the recent past. Kudos to Big Frank who seized the moment and reminded us of his awesome skills. Kudos to Garland who hung in there despite a cruel strike zone and an amped-up Thomas. Pats on the back to our pen and kow-tows all around to our supersubs Mack and Ozuna.

Even though he was long gone to the showers, give Ozzie his props for his continued belief in his bench and beleagured pen.
They paid back his confidence with a command performance tonight ! Mack's shot off Street was amazing !! Street can be nails most of the time and is a tough tough competitor. Thornton and Jenks are really coming around and Ozuna - probably on his own - lays down the winning bunt in a perfect location to bring in AJ.

This game may go down as one of those landmark games that has a way of shaping the overall season...wish I was there to feel the electricity !!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Kelley said...

Yeah, this was pretty much the first time all year I felt some of that ol' 2005 magic. And what do you know, it was my first time at the Cell all year! Heh heh. Best part: I put on my rally cap in the bottom of the 8th, to the chagrin of all around me. I say, whatever it takes. Glad to do my part.

How do I feel about the constantly juggling lineups? Not sure. I mean, he's kept the same heart of the order there all year (except when JD was hurt) and they still can't touch lefties. He's had some injury issues with Pods and I think he feels that Gooch is someone who will wear down over 162 games. Even though Uribe lost us that Cubs game, he's still one of the best short stops in baseball.

I'm going to have to give Ozzie the benefit of the doubt. I don't think it's an accident that Mackowiak hit that homer last night, or that Ozuna won the game. Both were due to their confidence that comes with lots of ABs. And assuming we can make the playoffs, you gotta think our regulars will be fresher than the other guy's.

Interesting to think that we could well face Frank in the playoffs, given the weakness of his division. Not so sure the cheers will be quite so loud THEN.

5/23/2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger DickdaStick said...

I'm jealous.

You could be right about meeting the A's when everything will be on the line - Frank will be treated as the enemy at that point.

Let's take this series (minimum) with a win tonight. I believe in Vazquez and want to see him not only start strong, but finish strong as well.

5/23/2006 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Hit Counter