Friday, May 12, 2006

Game 34 Oye Como Va

Which is from a Santana (The Musician) song that translates to - Hi, how are you.

Well....not so good after Santana (the Twinkie pitcher) tamed our beloved ChiSox tonight.

He struck out 10 ands walked only 1 and surrendered but 5 hits. Only Paulie's home run ruined his otherwise near perfect outing.

The Twinkie pen gave them 2 good scoreless innings as our pen - Montero in his debut and Logan - gave up 3 runs.

All you can do is tip your cap to them and get back at 'em tomorrow. Garland has got to get back to his form from '05 or he may be odd man out in the rotation up the road here when Contreras returns. Nothing else to say about this game tonight.

Looking at the schedule and the matchups ahead - I am seeing a 9 game stretch with these Twinks, Tampa and through the Cub series where we should go no worse than 7-2 and possibly 8-1.

Our closest rival - the Tigers have games with Clev, Minn and a hot Cinncy team during this time period. I see some breathing room for us at the end of that stretch.

Jeeves - I'd give player of the game to your pick - Paulie. Hope that gets you through the night !

Vazquez , The Stopper, on the mound tomorrow !!

Sox Player of the Game





Paul Konerko







Sox Record: 23-11

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeeves said...

I think you nailed the game pretty well, so I'm not going to harp on it too much.

Unfortunately I didn't tape all of the game, just the few innings, so I didn't get to see the bullpen in action. From what I heard, Montero had pretty good stuff, but made one bad mistake and Logan just pitched poorly.

I meant to say this earlier, but I agree during this 9 game stretch I would like to see 8-1, but now with this loss, 7-2 or 6-3 is more reasonable to expect.

Hopefully with the Tigers finally playing some decent teams, we can put some room between us and them.

5/13/2006 2:39 PM  
Blogger Jeeves said...

I forgot to mention, I like the reference to Santana...Carlos that is.

5/13/2006 2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

5/17/2006 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

5/17/2006 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

5/17/2006 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Hit Counter